Friday, April 16, 2010

And my paper continues to evolve...

Especially after today, another day of my peer's presentations. Today we heard the paper ideas of Craig, Kari, Doug, and Jennie Lynn. Each of the presentations were great, and I came away from class with another giant list of ideas I could possibly incorporate into my own paper. I loved Jennie Lynn's idea of the core of ourselves being somewhat still, sedentary, something we needed to learn to listen to. Doug's idea of having many little anecdotes gave me more confidence to add my own little stories, and his left me a little teary-eyed (hey, I haven't been sleeping much!) and amused. I also liked his vision of the "capstone" as not necessarily the pinnacle but just part of the peak. Kari's use of herself in the third person: "Kari had failed," added another level of entertainment and interest to her story. The idea that the process/journey is just as important, if not more so, than the result, particularly stood out to me. I also found myself relating to Craig's personal experiences of entering English as a goal to get to graduation more quickly, and finding myself a true English major along the way. (Or should I say finding Amy the true English major along the way?)

All of these ideas have been sparking new directions for my paper...which so far is running into a million different directions. However, as it stands I really enjoy all of these directions, so hopefully I can tie them all together into a more coherent idea! Or several coherent ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment