Monday, April 12, 2010

Most Valuable Blogger

Upon consideration of the most valuable blog...I had quite a bit of trouble picking one. I wondered why I was picking one person...did they get extra credit? A gold star? A prize lollipop?
Either way, I figured it's an interesting experience in anxiety of influence...of the power of influence...thank you Harold Bloom, who will forever remind me how brilliant I need to be to stand out even a little bit.

Thankfully I'm blessed with a killer wit.

As for the most influential blogger, I still faced a conundrum. Ms. Sam Clanton, of course, was a life saver on more than one occasion--if I happened to miss a class, or be confused on the assignment, or be at a loss about the ideas discussed, Sam's blog was ALWAYS my lifesaver. Giant gold star for that!

As for other content, I continually find myself drawn to Jennie Lynn's blog, Helena's, Kevin's, and Taylor's. Many other blogs from class inspired me too, it is difficult to pick merely one of the many stars.

The same happens when I look back on my life: it's so hard to pick just ONE influential person. Just like the majority of people in my life have shaped me in some way, so did all the blogs shape the way I wrote my own--just like Annie Dillard's obsession with the clown painting--little things catch on and change the fabric. Luckily there were no blogs that were unfortunate enough that you just couldn't stop looking...it IS a capstone level class, after all!

So, personally, I think we should all get a gold star--we've all made it this far, haven't we? We've all conquered and struggled and read millions of words, some enjoyable, some genuinely painful. We've all thought and attempted that journey of the epiphany--we're all pouring our heart and souls into our greatest papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment