Monday, April 12, 2010

THESIS...FINALLY! Sort of.

I am interested in the physical world and epiphanies...and the idea of the metamorphoses caused by epiphanies.

The cause and effect of epiphanies, if you will.

For a greater exploration of this topic, I will use Ovid's Metamorphoses as well as Walter Pater, Wordsworth, and other nature poets. Also Shakespeare's The Tempest has some valuable insight about the impact the changes of nature has on humans. Kafka's Metamorphosis will also be studied, although I'm not sure how much of this text I will actually use.

The exact wording of my thesis has yet to be determined, and I anticipate much changing, subtle or grander, of my underlying topic as the writing process continues. My inspiration is not predictable...is inspiration ever predictable?...and comes in spurts throughout the paper, occasionally being crammed in the final stages. Thank you Sam for making me feel a little better for not being completely inspired right away...the butterflies were swarming.

No comments:

Post a Comment